Find us on Google+ GumboGrits: Buffalo Chicken Dip

Monday, September 14, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip



From Thomas in Wilmington, Delaware

1 ½ lb. of cooked chicken diced
¾ cup diced onion
1 ½ cups diced celery
2 oz. cream cheese
1 cup of Blue Cheese dressing
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
12 oz. bottle of Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce

Sauté onion & celery until glossy & softened. Add cream cheese, blue cheese & hot sauce, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add chicken & mix well – add cheddar cheese & mix. Pour into baking dish and bake 30 minutes at 350.

While a senior at Penn State I took an alumni visiting my roommates to the Alabama game with me since they had a Saturday mid-tem – ugh. I had never met him before and he was a bit concerned with my plan to make several gallons of Alabama slammers and visit their tailgates. I explained if they were coming this far for the game they’d probably have a good tailgate. Long story short we had a blast, met a lot of nice people, shared our slammers which were a hit and enjoyed their scrumptious food. Penn State won the game. Tailgating brings people together.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment